Hotwire Hotel: 3* Myrtle Beach (North - Little River) Avista Resort

ASRA
By ASRA,
in

Totally new to this whole thing, never get to take vacations! I am anxious/excited to see whether the following is a good match for my family of four.

From the information on here, and my other research, it seems to be Avista; I would be even happier if it was a Wyndham. My MAIN QUESTION IS, is the price offered by Hotwire's hot Rates ever MORE than the same room can be found elsewhere? Because Avista's site shows a lower rate than this. However, the exciting part was that this listing originally was accompanied by wording saying it was a $278 value, which is almost precisely the rate offered at Wyndham Ocean Blvd. Today that wording no longer appears. Wyndham's own site also lists this exact room description and the $276 rate as the only one available for my dates. Coincidence? Overall, my info points at one of these two resorts, as most others that come anywhere near matching are far less at normal pricing than this Hotwire rate. Any help would be appreciated!

Oh, also wondering about "tax recovery charges & fees" in Hotwire total, which for my trip are another $181... What the ?

Travel 8/5/12 - 8/11/12

$191

3-star Condo in North Myrtle Beach and Little River

This Condo features the following amenities:

Resort

Beachfront Property

1 Bedroom Suite

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Indoor pool(s)

Daily Housekeeping

Air-Conditioning

Washer and Dryer in Room

Children's Activity Program

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

24-hour Front Desk

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Free Parking

Free Internet

Tennis Nearby

Condo

Also mentions an approx. $15 resort fee applies.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

My best guess for this property would be the Avista... if you're happy with this property i'd simply book it thru their own website.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went ahead and booked for the first night after reading that HOTWIRE allows you to add nights to your stay. This way I was able to find out that it was, in fact, the Avista. I am calling them back tomorrow to find out which exact room this offer covers (I wasn't in their system yet). I'm a little disappointed that it might turn out to be one that is cheaper directly through their website. Glad I only booked the one room. Does anyone know whether HOTWIRE's low price guarantee is much trouble? I will still probably book the rest of the week here, as it seems to be a perfectly nice hotel, but I will do it directly through the resort for the better price. I will post any new info I find about the room and/or policies.

As mentioned, this resort turned out to be the Avista. I spoke with their reservations staff and found that this was for their HNS room, which on their website shows as a 1 BR Ocean View with 2 Double Beds and a Murphy Bed, etc. She said this is an angle view room, meaning it is on a side of the building, not the part facing the ocean, which I assume is what they call "Ocean Front." I also found that on the website the room was $158.40 for that single night. I'd booked it through Hotwire for $179 (different price than when I originally posted, and also I believe due to one night only).[Full price with taxes & fees was $216]. I have submitted a refund request through Hotwire for the difference.

I will probably book the remainder of my week at the Avista through their site/by phone, but will try to get them to change my one night and remaining nights to a room with a king bed and an ocean view. For about what I was willing to pay originally, I can definitely get these features. Overall, somewhat disapointed with my first Hotwire experience. <_<

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the results, but we did recommend above that you simply purchase directly with the hotel for this one.

HOTWIRE is usually very good with their best price guarantee, as long as it's same-room-type to same-room-type they honor, but keep in mind it's for room rate only and not the all-in price, so you should be looking at a $20.60 refund.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I had gone ahead and booked the one night probably not long before you posted the recommendation, because rooms seemed to be disappearing fast everywhere with the date being so soon. I am perfectly satisfied with the resort so far, I just made reservations with them by phone in a better room for the remainder of the week, and she is getting back to me on how we can upgrade this one night to match. By phone I got an even better rate than I saw on their website for the nicest 1-bedroom available. I will still check with Hotwire for future reservations, as I'm sure this is not how it always turns out. I just happen to be "lucky" like that! :rolleyes:

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]