How late can you bid for a nights stay

titleman
By titleman,
in

I travel a lot in the winter and the weather dictates my travel plans. Depending on the weather I sometimes have to change where I will be spending the night to another city. I would like to book all rooms in advance but that's just not practical.

Does anyone have experience in bidding early in the morning for rooms needed that night or in the evening for rooms needed the next night, and care to share their experience?

You can bid up to 11PM local time. There is no way to know specifically if one will be more or less successful last-minute because bidding is really a case-by-case basis. However, when you bid at the very last minute, if a particular bid isn't accepted, it can't be made again because one has to wait 24 hours after a failed bid. So, your chances are limited.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 10 months later...

I'm going to be driving up the Pacific Coast Highway tomorrow, but I'm not sure where I'm going to stay (for just one night). I'm thinking of stopping around the Pismo Beach -- Santa Maria area and making a Priceline bid in the afternoon or evening for a hotel that very night, and using Hotwire as a backup. Is this a good idea? Will I get a response immediately?

ormation

Pismo Beach - Santa Maria area can be both expensive and difficult to bid in. So I would do some research and have a back-up. But if you're OK with what you see on HOTWIRE before you leave so use that as a back-up.

There could be some delay with the answers but most of the times will you get an answer immediately.

If you need any help so just start a new topic for your stay.

Good luck and please remember to post your result on the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

An update to the above information which has changes since previously posted:

For PRICELINE 'name your own price' reservations (ie- bidding) you can bid up to 11:59pm local hotel time.

For HOTWIRE the cut-off is midnite local hotel time.

So it is now essentially the same for both (1 minute difference)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]