Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney) Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa

nik01
By nik01,
in

4* Seaworld I-drive South, 5/13-19, $92/night

Listed amenities are:

Resort

1 BDRM suite

Laundry in room

children's activity

fitness center

pool(s)

restaurants

business center

high speed internet

golf nearby

kitchenette

condo

tennis nearby

I'm pretty sure it's the Sheraton Vistana Villages, but would love confirmation. My other question is do you have to pay additional resort fess when you use hotwire or priceline? I can't tell.

Thanks.

Anytime we have stayed in a "resort" there has been a fee that is not posted with any bidding. The fee amount is given upon check in. I understand it can range even with consumer to consumer. We have paid resort fees anywhere from ten to 25 per night depending on the hotel and amenities you receive with resort. In my opinion, this is how some resorts get away with such low bids. Just my own thoughts.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My guess would be the Sheraton Vistana.

Resort fees are not included in PRICELINE or HOTWIRE rates - they are paid at check-in. On HOTWIRE, if you click "see details" to go to the detail page, then scroll down to the bottom there is a "Know Before You Go" section that should list *approximate* resort fee.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 3 weeks later...

4* Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa

Amenities: Condo, Resort, 2BR, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, 24hr Front Desk, Free Parking, Kitchen, Laundry (in room), Spa

Used your HOTWIRE link. Thanks to all the information on this site, I was reasonably certain of the identity before booking. Seems to get good reviews on Trip Advisor, pleased with the price, I hope it works out.

We booked the same way that you did on the above HOTWIRE links and are staying at this resort the week before you in early May. According to our research this property has a very good rating. Each unit is an apartment as such w 2 BR's a living room, dining area, kitchen, laundry and balcony. The booking price is not the total price as I am under the impression that they charge a resort fee of $15 per night and maybe even an internet fee as well. Does anybody know for sure?

I expect that with a 4* rating the accommodations will be decent. On a separate note, I distrust the Hotwire ratings as some hotels hire outside firms who pay individuals $5 for writing a favorable review. This can stack the deck and make a 2* hotel into a 4* property. We haven't gotten burned so far as we do our homework before booking and the good folks (and forum owners) here, by sharing info, are very helpful.

On a separate note, I distrust the Hotwire ratings as some hotels hire outside firms who pay individuals $5 for writing a favorable review. This can stack the deck and make a 2* hotel into a 4* property.

As far as i know, HOTWIRE only accepts reviews from guests who have purchased a hotel thru their service (either the opaque or retail side) which therefore helps keep the reviews from 'trusted' sources.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are probably correct but HOTWIRE also references Trip Advisor for ratings so that's where I base my comments. However, we have been using PRICELINE / HOTWIRE for several years now and have only been disappointed once at a hotel in Carlisle, PA. It was rated 3*s but it was a generous two at best.

There are in fact services that help boost hotel ratings but a bit of checking beforehand and with the help of this forum we usually score something very good to excellent. In the case of the referenced resort we booked a very nice 2 bedroom, 1080 sq ft condo for $94 /night. We will write a review after our stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]