Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Costa Mesa - Irvine) Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport

808geek
By 808geek,
in

Was trying to get a room in the Anaheim area but considering most hotels are sold out, I figured I would have to bid in an outer lying area. I chose Zone 3 which is the Costa Mesa/Irvine area. I've stayed out here once before and it's not too bad a drive to Disneyland, about 15 to 20 mins. Looking in hindsight I should've bid in the Fullerton/Brea area which is Zone 7 and a bit closer probably 10 to 15 mins from Disneyland. I did read some reviews on the few hotels in that area and people either complained about freeway noise or groups of people traveling, so then I wasn't so sure about that area. Anyway, with the winning I got, I'm now worried about airport noise, and I don't like the $16 a day parking fee's, YIKES! I thought the Anaheim area was bad with just about all hotels charging parking in that area.

Tried for two days and compromised on area because like I said most rooms are sold out in the Anaheim area but thought I would give it a shot anyway.

$54 Zone 6- Disneyland-Orange-Garden Grove denied

re-bid $56 added Zone 1- Anaheim Hills denied

re-bid $58 added Zone 9- Laguna Beach denied

re-bid $60 added Zone 11- Santa Ana denied

re-bid $62 added Zone 12- Seal Beach denied

Waited 24 hours and tried again but willing to go to outer lying zone 3 which is Costa Mesa-Irvine.

$46 Zone 6- counter offered right away with adding $12 a night for a total of $68 a night and new I was close so I declined and re-bid.

re-bid $48 added Zone 1- denied

re-bid $50 added Zone 9- denied

re-bid $52 added Zone 11 accepted, finally.

I got upgraded to 4 star Hilton which is nice but I don't like that it is right next to the airport. I also don't like the $16 a day parking fee's. Sorry but that is just ridiculous. I can accept the $10-12 a day but $16!!! really?? Talk about gouging people. Lessoned learned for me, is to stay in Fullerton area where it's a bit closer and no parking fee's. The whole point of using Priceline is to save on hotel costs, not to save on hotel cost and then the hotel turn around and make up for it by charging high parking fee's.

Sorry to hear this win/upgrade is a bit of a mixed bag... at least this is still a pretty good deal and savings vs. a conventionally booked room (even if parking is a bit more than you think it should be)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Priceline Hotel List with the new star rating for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your welcome for the feedback and update on the hotel list. I believe they just finished a hotel renovation on the rooms so that's probably the reason why it would now come up as a 4 star property. Also my winning bid was for two rooms. Yes, you are correct in saying that it is definitely a huge savings over conventional rates and I keep trying to remind myself of that and not let the higher parking fee's bother me so much. Either way the group I'm going with is very happy about the winning bid I got us.

I think most 4* hotels in this zone have $15-$20 parking fees if that makes you feel better. At least I remember the Hyatt Regency was in that range last year when we went.

I am a bit bummed this hotel was bumped into the 4* zone, since before the upgrade one could pretty solidly get either the Hyatt or the Westin in this zone. This Hilton is certainly not in the class of those so it makes me pause before bidding on an upcoming trip. Do report back.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the stay. The area was nice. The hotel was recently renovated, so rooms were nice. They use a new system for parking, where you need your room key to enter and exit the parking area, so don't forget your key. Elevators are pretty quick as well. I never really heard any airport noise. Except for the first night because we slept with the sliding door open, but even then the last plane we heard was a few minutes after midnight. Beds were really comfortable. It was directly off either the 405 or 55 freeways. It's probably about a 10 min drive to the Tustin area which had a really nice restaurant and mall area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]