Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland - Anaheim South - Orange - Garden Grove) Marriott Anaheim Suites

idac
By idac,
in

Hi all,

I will be visiting the Disneyland from April 13 - April 18. I've been bidding for the last week with no luck. The last bid I tried was $80 and got rejected (that's pretty much my maximum bid consider that most hotels in that area charge for parking, resort fee etc etc. It will probably end up being $100/night with tax and all). I've seen people in this forum with wins around $60 so I was puzzled. I thought it might be because my stay included the weekend, they probably charge more for fri & sat night. Anyhow, does anyone have any thoughts on how I could possibly get a reasonable priced room? Should I split the bid? or should I bid for Mon - Wed night, then use the add extra night option?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

A few things to consider is that your timing is still during "spring break" even though you would be at the tail end of it. Also their might be something going on at the Anaheim Convention Center and if that is the case then that will eat up more rooms. Did you check to see if hotels in the area are sold out? If that is the case, then few rooms would be sold to Priceline. Also if the hotels in the area are at their "numbers or quota" for the month, then they probably won't discount too many rooms. Those are just possibilities.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

This 3* property has not yet been reported to the board, but the 3.5* at $90 with Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet matches previous reports for the Sheraton Garden Grove Anaheim South and that would be my best guess for this one. HOTWIRE doesn't indicate any resort fee at this property and self-parking is $12/day... would knowing there is no resort fee make this a viable option?

Separately i'm also able to get what i believe to be the Crowne Plaza to appear for $83/nite (valet parking at $16 and resort fee at $14)... would this be of any interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Idac, something we're assuming you already took into consideration:

Remember that hotel inventories vary, so one of those days may be fully booked/reserved at this time. And they will cancel all the way up to 24 hours before their book date.

So you have to break up your dates maybe and start over with bid strategy and kind of have to be willing to move at least once during your trip. If you want to save..

I would suggest break it up to weekends (peak) and weekdays (off peak). Bid first the weekends because those most likely will be the sold out dates and the weekdays will be easier to get. (Unless there is some exacerbating circumstance like a sports team at that hotel stopping by for the night) and or a convention in on that day/group of days.

IMHO Personally I would try Apr 13 Fri-16 Mon, 3 nts. So that way you include your weekend with your arrival day. Ideally, you get it. But if you don't here's another subset of problems as You now have to guess if people are there for the weekend (and then you need to figure out a Fri+Sat, or just a Saturday sleepover.) And because your travel day is going to be hectic and whatnot, I would try the Fri 13-15 Sun combo.

And for the remainder of the balance of the trip you would get the rest of the days together ie, 16-18 in scenario one or 15-18 in scenario two.

And yes you can wait until more cancellations come in but as a previous poster said, it's one of the last weeks of spring break so you might not even get a chance to bid like I advised because people are already picking and choosing what they need and taking the inventory out from under you.

For your sanity, I wouldn't gamble on it, but saving money is a great game, and if you're brave enough, and don't mind taking a hit if you misjudge or have faulty luck, then wait.. but don't come to me crying, it has to be your decision, and now armed with knowledge, choose.. and report back with your findings.

Thanks everyone on your thoughts. I ended up splitting the dates up as D.. suggested.

However, I went the other way around, I bidded the off-peak period first (Apr 15 - Apr 18) and got accpeted for $46/night at Anaheim Marriott Suites. Then I tried to use the add more nights option, which as I had expected, got rejected saying no inventory is available at that price. I was going to place a bid for the peak period (Apr 13 - Apr 14), but suddenly a sale came up on Expedia for $116/night at Anaheim Marriott Suites (non-sale price was $169 as listed). So, I just ended up buying the 2 nights from Expedia (just to save the hassle of changing hotels).

It works out to be ~$74/night for the 5 nights we stay in Disneyland.

As we say around here, congratulations on your success, and thank you for using the PRICELINE links of the board.

The reason for my suggestion on doing the hard to get dates first is so you know what you can get ahead of you before getting the easy stuff. Like at black friday when you go for the slash priced tv first before so you can grab the easy sure things later..

but awesome that it worked out for you. It usually doesn't happen like that but it sounds like good luck that your trip will go just as smooth, sounds like a great brand name hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]