Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Buffalo - Niagara Falls (Buffalo - Amherst) Hotel Indigo Buffalo - Amherst

bigredsfan
By bigredsfan,
in

First let me state that I was aware that the Hotel Indigo has recently been added to this Zone in Buffalo. We have stayed at the Marriott many times and have loved it almost every stay. I had read some not so good reviews about the Hotel Indigo but hey we took our chances, and had to accept the outcome.

Now, I must say it is very unfortunate that Priceline has moved this Hotel to the 3.5* Zone. In no way does it compare to the Marriott, and after our stay I would 3* would be a stretch for this property...

There is a horrible curry like smell throughout the hotel on each level. We stayed on Floor 3 and were shocked to see Mold and Mildew in the showers. As well, there was no Exhaust Fan, and no soaking tub either..just a shower! As well, it looked throughout this floor that either renovations were going on or have been for a while and no work has been done. Drywall work on the ceilings outside the door are not very attractive. If being fixed up I accept this, but no idea if this was the case. And to boot, our sheets were stained, throw Pillows dirty as well.

To be fair, the Pool area wasn't horrible, however, one of the jets in the Whirlpool does not work, and I think I have read elsewhere that this has been the case. It looks to me like the new owners of this Hotel have no intent of keeping it up to standards, thus the drop from 4 to 3.5*. We need to book a Hotel in this same aread for a Vacation in mid December and will not again chance bidding on Priceline for the fear of getting this same property..

Hopefully this is an aid to others...

hey, it is the luck of the draw, and buyer beware of course when bidding...I am curious as to how Priceline decides to rank their hotels, as something brought this one down half a star. I suppose over time this could chance, so who knows. There are still a handful of those who bid successfully and got the Marriott, so who knows how the system works..I think it is important though to let other knows before hand. Could have been worse and I could have paid full price, right? I do wonder though if they do set aside sub par rooms for third party agencies?

Cheers!

Star ratings are based upon the amenities a hotel offers as well as feedback received from users. It is believed that when there is more than one hotel in a zone at the same star rating, the hotel with the highest rate that is equal to our lower than your bid price is the one that is awarded.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]