Priceline Hotel: Las Vegas Help!

dmeyers
By dmeyers,
in

Hi All,

I am having a bit of trouble booking a half decent rate for April.

We are staying in Vegas for 8 nights, begining April 10th. We have spent a fair bit of time researching various hotels etc, and had decided to split our stay between The Cosmopolitan and Aria.

We already have a reservation for 4 nights at The Cosmopolitan (4/10 - 4/14), which was booked directly with the hotel for $220 per night, in a Stip View Suite, which we were pleased with.

However, booking the Aria seems to be a little more difficult. If I put it 8 nights from April 10th, then I can get a corner suite at a rate of $225 per night, which would be fine! However, if I put in 4 nights from April 14th (Which is what we need!) then the rate jumps to $475 per night!!! Seems ridiculous that the rate more than doubles! I tried contacting reservations at the hotel directly, but they weren't much help and simply said that it is because our arrival date is a Saturday, so that is why the rate is higher, and there is nothing they can do.

So really, just after a bit of advice, whether to just chance it with a priceline or hotwire bid? Or whether to wait it out and hope the rate drops?!

If you search Aria website (using this link please) what is the rate if you search each date of the eight days individually?

So really, just after a bit of advice, whether to just chance it with a priceline or hotwire bid? Or whether to wait it out and hope the rate drops?!

You're not really comparing apples-to-apples... if you go with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE it will be for a standard room, which is still quite nice at the 5* strip properties, but not in the class of the corner suites you're considering booking... would you be happy with a standard room for this trip?

Why not book a back-up at the Aria website for all 8 nites, then if you're not able to book the last 4 nites any cheaper, just stay there for the complete stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the links above for your hotel direct bookings)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]