Hotwire Hotel: 4* Maui (Kaanapali) Sheraton Maui Hotel

deepintotherain
By deepintotherain,
in

Wailea - Makena area hotel

Staying period 31 March 2012 to 2 April 2012 (2nights)

Normally AUD - 386 per room per night

But now AUD 163 per room per night

12.4 - 16.2 mi from city

Amenities:

Resort,

Beachfront Property,

Fitness Center,

Pool(s),

Restaurant(s),

Laundry Facilities(self service),

High-Speed Internet Access,

Golf nearby,

Tennis nearby,

Spa Services,

Children's Activity Program

First please update your Priceline Waikiki thread with your current thoughts or any decision you have made for that leg of your trip.

Then change the currency drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to US Dollars. Continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

After following-up your previous thread, reply to this thread with the rate in US Dollars and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you very much for your reply.

Re-entering details below;

4 Stars, Wailea - Makena area hotel

Checking in 31 Mar 2012

Checking out 2 Apr 2012 (staying 2 nights)

Normally $404 per night but now $171 per night

10.5 - 14.1 mi from city centre

Amenities

Resort

Beachfront Property

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities(self service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

Many Thanks

The Makena Beach and Golf Resort has previously been seen with this amenity set, but at the 3.5* level. I'd speculate that this property has been upgraded to the 4* level and that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am trying to bid Ka'anapali - Lathai'na arear Resort for 31 March 2012 - 02 April 2012 (2 nights).

I am okay with any resorts within the area other than Whaler On Kaanapali Beach.

(I am okay with resorts like Ritz Carlton, The Westin Maui Resort and Spa, Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa, Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa)

Is there any tips avoid Whaler On Kaanapali Beach or any reasonable price cut-off to avoid it?

Thanks for reading.

I have recently been researching this and it seems the Whaler has not been won since 2007, but there would be no way to avoid it if it was still active. So you should be safe. If you bid resorts you will most likely get one of The Westin Maui Resort and Spa, Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa or Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. My advice would be to start bidding around $110. Don't forget to use the PRICELINE links above.

When bidding the "Resort" level in Maui you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Based upon current rates i think that $110-$140 is likely going to fall a bit short (although it's a good place to start, with time in your side no harm in low balling a bit).. what is your maximum bid for this trip?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Why not work up gradually rather than jump right to the $140? Maybe $120 tomorrow, $130 the next day, etc. Or even in $5 increments.

For that matter, if you study the re-bidding techniques, you could do three bids a day. First day, $114, $117, $120. And so on.....

Romelle

• 2 weeks later...

runner0382,

If you would like help with your own stay please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then start a NEW TOPIC for your own trip.

Also, assuming you've had any PRICELINE or HOTWIRE purchases in the last 5 years since joining the board, it would be appreciated if you began to share your wins so that the information can help others, just as you're currently trying to use the information others have posted to assist in your own travel plans. ;)

Thanks.

Hello Everyone.

I am travelling to Maui on 31 March 2012 to 02 April 2012 (staying 2 nights)

Please ID 3.5 Star Wailea - Makena area hotel

$191/night

Recommended in 95% of Hotwire customer reviews

Amenities;

Resort

Suite

Fitness Centre

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Centre

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Kitchenette

Spa Services

Thank you very much everyone

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The Hotel Wailea has previously been seen with this amenity set so that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 4 years later...

At the end, I got a deal from Hotwire:

This is the booking confirmation from my email:

Sheraton Maui Hotel

2605 Kaanapali Parkway,Lahaina,HI

Dates

Sat, Mar 31, 2012-Mon, Apr 2, 2012201 (2 night)

Rooms 

1 (2 nights)$280.00/night

Subtotal$560.00

Taxes (included):$87.70

Total price$647.70

Not very cheap but had to take it.

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]