Priceline Hotel: 3* Buffalo - Niagara Falls (Niagara Falls) Sheraton At The Falls Hotel

umieesa
By umieesa,
in

Okay, so after years of success using betterbidding's priceline strategies I convinced a friend of mine (a first time Priceline user) to bid on a hotel she needs for Niagara-BUF airport. Our intention was to get a 2.5* in this zone, so after the first bid was rejected we re-bid adding Amherst (still only selecting 2.5*). This was also rejected, so we added Grand Island and again it was rejected. All the while closing the windows and only changing the zone and not the star level. Lastly, we added Niagara Falls, NY (since supposedly no 2.5* in this category) and the bid was ACCEPTED, but we were given a "FREE UPGRADE" to a 3* in this last zone!! Oh my God, I nearly died...while the hotel itself (sheraton at the falls) is nice, it is 30 minutes from the airport and obviously does not offer a free shuttle, plus they need to be at the airport at 5 in the morning!

I got her to call Priceline to complain, but to no avail =(. Anyone have any experience with something like this? I myself was planning to bid for a trip and honestly now I'm really scared as to how I bid. I'm definitely going to have be more careful about adding zones in the future. Priceline wouldn't budge, claiming this is part of their policy, but I had never had this happen to me in the past, so I was completely thrown for a loop.

Any suggestions to somehow get out of this?? I feel horrible and offered to pay for her hotel, but I just wish there was a way to reverse all this?!!

Okay, so after years of success using betterbidding's priceline strategies...

We're glad to hear the board has been helpful to you over the years, but it's a bit disappointing that this is your first post. It would be appreciated if you began to share your wins with the board so that the information can help others... just as you have been helped by those who posted before you. ;)
...the bid was ACCEPTED, but we were given a "FREE UPGRADE" to a 3* in this last zone!! ...sheraton at the falls
How about the rest of the details of this 'win'... dates and winning bid amount. Perhaps this information could help another user who does want to stay in this zone.

From Our Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

not sure this helps but we have tried with no luck winning our bid...during the initial process my wife by mistake bid on the 3.5* Amherst zone which won us the Marriott (which we want) but she didn't put in the date we needed the hotel so it defaults to the current date you are at. She called Priceline and explained to them what happened and although they did not refund our wasted money, they agreed to allow us 1 year to rebook a hotel through Priceline and that they would credit us the amount of our "original" won bid..

Maybe worth a shot?

Thanks I'll give it a try.

IN response to the PP this actually wasn't my first post, but yes, I'm sure I could be more proactive by posting my wins since I appreciate when others do so.

Here are the details, so it may at least help others:

BID 1 - Niagara (BUF airport) 2.5* $42

BID 2 - added Amherst (still only 2.5*) $43

BID 3 - added Grand Island (still only selecting 2.5* by closing windows each time and reopening a new one) $45

BID 4 - added Niagara Falls, NY (selected 2.5* again a by same method as previous bids) and won a 3* Upgrade for $48

So if anyone's looking a for a 3* Niagara Falls, NY my friend received the Sheraton at the Falls for $48 for Dec. 1 for one night

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Sorry to hear of your bidding error.

The best you can do is to call PRICELINE and see if they're willing to work with you in any way, but it appears you have already tried that. At least it was only for one nite and not a multi-nite trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if you're able to work anything out with PRICELINE, or hopefully your friend will be able to make this work for her plans.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

let me clarify what happened with us now that we won a bid...we were under the impression that once we booked a Priceline Hotel they would refund on the mistake booking we made...well it was my wife that dealt with them and did not read the fine print during this period. So to be short, yes they did give us Credit Back on our mistake booking, but they also did take $40 as a surcharge to process the transaction. I did not speak to them my wife did, and they claim this is clearly stated in writing. I honestly didn't take the time to read where this is but took them for their word. What I learned about this was two things: ALWAYS make sure you are booking with the correct date, and two: NEVER LET YOUR WIFE DO THE BOOKING!

Wow...$40 surcharge, these guys know how to milk it!

Just to follow up I called PL again the next day and got routed to the Philippines. Asked to speak to someone in the US...again get transferred to another country! Anyhow, I speak to this guy for almost an hour trying to explain the situation and how this policy basically sucks. I get him to agree that usually people who use PL are looking for a deal, and then give him a scenario... that say I was bidding on a 2.5* in NYC and then I get bumped to a 4* I may not appreciate this bump if now I have to pay $$$$ parking, plus $ for internet, etc. Eventually the guy offers a $10/nt credit up to a max of $50 on a min. 3* hotel. Not quite what I was hoping for, but my friend was satisfied.

Still thinking to write to the address he provided to address my issues. I think PL should make it more clear that you can be upgraded and give bidders at least the option of whether they'd want an upgrade or not. From now on, I will definitely bid with this in mind.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]