Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC Dec 11-14

tangje
By tangje,
in

I have a trip to NYC planned for Dec 11-14. I'd prefer staying in the Soho area but Priceline's Soho-Financial district zone is so large I'm hesitant to add this zone and end up really far south. Given how accessible the subway is I think that Chelsea and the Empire State Building zones would be a fine alternative, and from there stretching out to Midtown East, Midtown West, and perhaps Central Park South. I would like to keep my costs below $200/night if that is possible this time of year.

I would appreciate if someone could confirm how many re-bid zones I have at the 4* level and perhaps suggest a bidding strategy. Thank you.

Please confirm if your goal is the least expensive 4* or better in Chelsea, ESB, MTE, MTW and CPS... OR if you're willing to pay more to stay in Chelsea or ESB and wanted to bid these two zones first up to your limit before trying for the other zones? (also, you're not bidding Times Square, is that intentional or would this zone be acceptable as well?)

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to confirm them with the board before proceeding. If you read the previous link and are confused just let us know and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply.

My goal would be the least expensive 4* or better, with a preference to be as far south as possible (so Chelsea or ESB). So, I guess that means it would make sense to bid Chelsea & ESB first and then add MTE, MTW, and CPS? Would it be better to add them progressively or just all together? Would it make a difference?

I did omit Times Square intentionally as I am assuming it is much busier and noisier in that area all the time.

I followed the explanation in the Re-Bidding Tutorial and I believe I have figured out the re-bidding zones for 4* or better. Can you please confirm my re-bid zones? I have the following five zones:

1) Coney Island

2) Long Island

3) MSG

4) Queensborough Bridge

5) Upper East Side

Thanks.

Yes, you have your re-bid zones correct... but always double check just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed, as new hotels and upgrades/downgrades can occur at any time.

Using your FIVE re-bid zones i would bid as follows:

Select 4* ESB...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Chelsea...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Select 4* CPS...

Select 4* ESB and Chelsea...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and MTW and CPS

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* ESB and Chelsea and MTE...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and MTW and CPS and Chelsea

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Chelsea, ESB, MTE, MTW and CPS...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $193, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $198, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately use HOTWIRE when you report your win using the "EDIT TO REPORT WIN" button the thread will automatically be moved to the correct section of the board.

The property above matches previous reports for the Sheraton New York so that would be my best guess for this one.

Did you try any of the bidding above? (if so please follow-up your threads with results, even rejected bids, as it may help others who are looking at the same area for the same/similar dates)

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Sorry for starting a new thread. My trip is for 3 guests and from reading the forum I've learned that Priceline is not necessarily the best idea in the case of more than double occupancy, especially in a city like NY with small rooms. This is why I switched over to checking Hotwire where I spied the deal I posted above.

The Sheraton seems like it would be a pretty good deal. I will follow up with my final travel plans. Thanks for your help.

• 5 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]