Priceline Hotel: Best time to buy?

Tanel22
By Tanel22,
in

When you are committed to the trip, I'd start bidding on PRICELINE now, and keeping a watch on the HOTWIRE and lastminutetravel.com websites (at a minimum) for any deals that may pop up. The moderators will be able to assist on your bidding strategy, once they establish your budget and hotel preferences. I've been several times to EYW and February was always a popular (i.e. expensive) time to go. I always try to look at retail hotel costs and book something I could live with, then start the PL or HW approach in earnest. If you're committed to certain dates, and are willing to lose a great PL deal if something comes up in the interim, I bid early and bid often! Good luck!

Hey,

Thanks!

We are arriving to Miami on the 2th of February and want to stay there till 5th (check out).

Desired zones: South Beach, Miami Beach, Miami Downtown, and if we cant get a place there, then Coral Gables.

Hotels between 2*-4*, depends on the location.

We dont have exact budget, maybe about $100. Lower the better.

Best Regards, Tanel

Desired zones: South Beach, Miami Beach, Miami Downtown, and if we cant get a place there, then Coral Gables.

Hotels between 2*-4*, depends on the location.

To get started, what would be your first choice in regards to star rating and location(s)? Then what is your second and third choice? (and your budget at star level/zone combination)

Also, in regards to South Beach, PRICELINE has this area divided into three different zones, are all three of these acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Our firs choice would be South Beach (all 3 zones), hotels 2-3*, budget 80-100$

Second choice - Miami Beach & Miami Downtown, also hotels between 2-3*, budget also about 80-100$

Third choice - Coral Gables, 4* hotels, 80$

Its hard to think of prices, because dont know the price range in Miami at February.

Thats why we need some help - to get the best price we can get.

Thanks again!

Its hard to think of prices, because dont know the price range in Miami at February.

Which is why we recommend you do a little research first... visit a site like Expedia to get a feel for how much hotels would cost thru direct retail channels, then determine how much of a discount you would need to make an opaque purchase, where you don't get to choose the hotel, worthwhile.

Our firs choice would be South Beach (all 3 zones), hotels 2-3*, budget 80-100$

Would you want to try for a 3* up to your budget before trying for a 2.5* up to your budget, then if that is rejected try for a 2* up to your budget... OR is your goal the least expensive 2* or better for this trip?

I'll also give a bit of a 'warning' that i would be very cautious bidding below 3* in this area... there are many 'small, independent' properties in this area and the quality level, even within the same star rating, can vary greatly... but this is typically more pronounced at the lower rated properties. At a disappointing 3* it may still be passable... at a disappointing 2* you may wish the end of your trip comes sooner rather than later.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 3* in the Miami area you have ONE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* South Beach Ocean Drive...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* South Beach Oceanfront...

Select 3* South Beach Central...

Select 3* South Beach Ocean Drive and South Beach Oceanfront...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* South Beach Oceanfront and South Beach Central...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* South Beach Ocean Drive and South Beach Oceanfront and South Beach Central...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any question feel free to ask.

Let us know how it goes or and if rejected we'll revise to try for a 4* in the Downtown zone.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Nobody can say what prices and inventory will be available tomorrow, but at the moment, i don't think $100 has a high probability of success for a 3* hotel in the South Beach zone, so i would likely be looking towards your alternate zones, but ultimately it really comes down to how much you prefer South Beach vs. Downtown and how long you're willing to hold-out in hopes of a South Beach deal coming to within your budget.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]