Hotwire Hotel: 3* Nashville (Downtown-Vanderbilt-Metrocenter) Holiday Inn Express

cvgayle
By cvgayle,
in

I am doing a search for two occupants, the amenities listed are:

Comp. breakfast, fitness center, pool(s), business center, and high-speed internet access

I am thinking it is probably the Holiday Inn Express, which would be nice. We stayed there last May from a Hotwire purchase and it was a satisfactory hotel in a great location. ($80.00 per night in May.) These amenities also fit the Hampton Inn, which would be awesome.

My question is this:

I've been watching this property for a few days. It jumped in price from $116.00 to $122.00 today. I was hoping it would drop a bit, and then I would make my reservation. Am I dumb to wait? This is the weekend leading into Halloween, so I'm thinking it might be very busy. But I have no idea what goes on in Nashville for that holiday...do they celebrate in a big way like some other cities do? Should I go for it or wait? I do have a backup reservation, which I am getting more apprehensive about...that property has some very unfavorable recent reviews on TripAdvisor.

TIA, any advice would be appreciated! As always, LOVE (and appreciate) your site! :) I do all my searches (and will purchase) through your HOTWIRE link.

There is no way to know if prices will come down between now and your stay... or move even higher. Best option is to check what the best rate you can get at an acceptable hotel and weigh the savings and/or upgraded accommodations vs. your other options at the moment to determine if its worthwhile locking in the current rate offered.

The property above matches previous reports for both the Hampton Inn and the Holiday Inn Express, so either of these would be my best guess for this one.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

3* Nashville (Downtown-Vanderbilt-Metrocenter) Holiday Inn Express

$114 ... 10/25/11-10/29/11

Amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

Rate per night: $114.00

Nights: 4

Rooms: 1

Tax recovery charges & fees: $85.84

Trip total: $541.84

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received one of the hotel expected and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]