Priceline bidding for multiple rooms

PDB_905
By PDB_905,
in

I'm planning to bid for 3 rooms on Priceline for a group of friends. I assumed I would make the bid with my credit card. When I get to the first page on PL, it states:

"Please enter the name of the person who will be reserving each room. They must present a valid photo ID and credit card." It then has fields for three different names, labeled "Room 1", "Room 2", and "Room 3".

Does this choice have any implications? I was planning to reserve all 3 rooms in my name, and we hadn't really determined who would be staying in what room.

If I fill my name in for each room, will that pose any problems on check-in?

I can't remember if the hotel ever really cares what card you use to actually pay for the room, or even if the same person who made the reservation has to pay.

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

I've done multiple rooms many times and there are strict Priceline implications related to the name assigned on each room. So long as someone with the name you put for each room is present at check-in, I've never had a problem. I did run into a problen in Santa Rosa CA when I had 2 rooms, my dad didn't end up going and he wasn't there to check in and we didn't have his ID. We called him from the hotel and the desk clerk eventually let us into the second room, but I'd be sure that whomever is listed on each room is there at check-in. You don't have to all be there at the same time, just have an ID associated with the name you identified for each room. Hope my experience helps answer your question!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]