Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Sheraton Universal 9/23-9/25 $81

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Biz Center

Note: Another hotel for the Burbank/Universal zone. Star rating and amenities are the same as the Burbank Airport Hilton. In that case, beware!

Check-in Date: Tue, Sep 23, 2003

Check-out Date: Thu, Sep 25, 2003

Number Of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Price per night: $81.00

Subtotal: $162.00

Total Taxes and Booking Fees: $28.95

Total: $190.95

:) OMG BEAV You just saved me over $150 I don't know how to thank you for your post.

To make a long story short. I was going to use Priceline and stay in west Holywood Wynham hotel. Seems that hotel raised it's priceline rate. I read this elsewhere

Then we said ok let's stay at the Sheraton Univeral. I made a normal reservation. Price was $150 THEN I saw your post. I did research and noticed you were right. The Burbank Hilton is sneaky with same amenities.

SO I did this. I put in your dates and then the dates I wanted. You dates showed $81 3 1/2 * Customer Favorite!. Half of my dates showed $74 and NO Customer Favorite! I knew the $74 had to be the Hilton. This is how you can tell the difference. Seems Weekends are for Hilton only.

So I booked the half with $81 3 1/2* Customer Favorite! AND YES I GOT THE SHERATON. I would I loved my entire booking at $81 but Half is good too.

PS If you don't have a Starwood member card? Get one. It helps

PPS Thank you so much again

I was just looking for add'l confirmation, as i try to make sure things are as black and white as they can be since so many people on the boards will be using this info for their own purchases.

There have also been questions asked in the past as to whether the 'customer favorite' designation is a random event or always shown for a particular hotel, so i figured asking would help in this regard as well.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late post! Yes, Sheraton Universal was listed as a "Customer favorite" when I booked in July for my upcoming September stay. I was expecting to get the Burbank Hilton since the amenities are the same. It wasn't until after being awarded the Sheraton Universal that I went back and checked and noticed the "customer favorite" differentiated it from the Hilton. Live and learn!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]