Hotwire Hotel: 4* Gaslamp Quarter South - Convention Center area hotel - July 1-3, 20

travelbee88
By travelbee88,
in

Hi all,

I have started my search for a hotel in the San Diego area by using your HOTWIRE link and found the following:

4-stars

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

$123 per night.

I guess it is the Indigo hotel and would be happy if it was it, but given the fact that the regular advanced purchase rate is only $149 (and I get 10% discounts on their published rates) it would be not much of a saving.

What do you think?

And anybody an idea if the Gaslamp Quarter South would be a good area to stay for someone who has never been to San Diego before and wants to make the best out of the stay? I will have a rental car too. :-)

TIA!!!

I agree this looks like a match for Hotel Indigo. Sorry Hotwire's not giving much of a discount off of rack this time.

Gaslamp's an excellent location if you're looking for nightlife, clubs, restaurants, and proximity to shopping. It's a downtown urban area. If you're looking for more of an outdoors/ocean/cocktails-by-the-pool type of vacation you might like Coastal zone more. Since you've got a car it's easy to move back and forth between the two.

If you purchase the Gaslamp hotel please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]