Priceline Hotel: Advice Needed for New York City this weekend

AFrequentTraveler
By AFrequentTraveler,
in

I did something very bad, I booked my flight to New York City this weekend (easter weekend) and didn't book a back up hotel. The prices just seemed crazy at the time so I figured I would just bid on Priceline. Well when I went to bid the prices have gone through the roof. $500 + for a 4 star.

I have bid up to $180 for a 3.5 star, and would bid higher, but wanted to get your advice if you think there might be cancelations the day of and priceline might get more rooms?

What would you do?

I have a hotel for Sunday night but no hotel for 4/22 or 4/23

Thank you for any advice I can get.

I will be bidding going through this website.

Unfortunately, these are a pair of extremely busy dates and rates are sky-high. At this late a point, it's doubtful that rates will come down much beyond current levels, if at all. What would be your desired budget per night, and what areas are acceptable?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm guessing a 4* hotel in the Jersey City/Hoboken area will run you the low-$200's... a 3.5* in Manhattan the high-$200/low-$300... a 3* maybe high-$200's.

Using these figures as a ballpark, what would be your preference?

Thanks in advance for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases... please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]