Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC Help. 27th April to 30th April

Manya1983
By Manya1983,
in

Hello,

First post on this forum after being a long time lurker.

Need help in booking a 4* Hotel in NYC for next week, checking in on Wednesday 27th April and staying for 3 nights. Check out would be on Saturday 30th April.

I'm a Londoner and this is my first trip to NYC so I am not too sure what the best locations for 2 x 28 yr old male tourists are but I am assuming we would be advised to stay somewhere Central. So my preffered locations are MTE, MWE, MSG, CPS, TS. Please let me know if you would suggest something else as we will mainly be going to bars and clubs but obviously want to keep the prices within range.

I am happy to stay in any of the zones mentioned above.

Based on previous successful bids and current prices available on other sites our maximum bid per night will be $180.

Please let me know of a suitable bidding strategy.

Thanks.

David Khan.

So my preffered locations are MTE, MWE, MSG, CPS, TS. Please let me know if you would suggest something else as we will mainly be going to bars and clubs but obviously want to keep the prices within range.

If you're sticking with 4* bidding note that there are no 4* hotels in the MSG zone, so that wouldn't be an option for this stay. I'd also suggest bidding the ESB zone... there are a lot of bars along Third Ave (with decent happy hour specials :) ) and including more zones will give more hotels the opportunity to accept your bid.

I'm guessing that at the moment your $180 budget may be a little out of reach for a 4* property, but we can always give it a try and take it from there. Let us know if you want to include ESB in a bidding strategy or not and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you are sticking to 4* only. I've stayed at the Empire on the Upper West and it the only 'reported' 4* in that neighbourhood and it is on the south end of the park. Just a wee bit north of Hell's Kitchen. And I might add Hell's Kitchen too. The bars off of 8th are pretty good. Just to give you a few other hotels that might have the deal.

But I think the moderators are right it looks like the prices are very high for your days and you might be bidding up to your limit.

Ps. What neighbourhood are you looking to bar/club hop?

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS and ESB...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and MTW and ESB...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS and CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS and ESB...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

Any questions feel free to ask. (if you decide you want to include ESB in your bidding let us know and we can amend accordingly)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Guys,

No luck for so far unfortunately. I'm willing to increase the bids to $200 in the hope it will help me secure a booking. If this also doesn't work then I would also be willing to lower the * rating to 3.5 * for a maximum bid of $160 (hoping that is realistic - if not then please advise).

I would need to get this booked by Thursday PM as on Friday morning I start the first leg of my US tour by flying out to Vegas.

Naturally I used the PRICELINE link from this site to begin my purchases.

Thanks again!

To re-try up to $200 you can proceed as follows 24 hours after your last rejected bid:

Select 4* MTE and MTW and CPS...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS and ESB...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and MTW and ESB...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS and CPS...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS and ESB...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $193, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $198, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200

If the above is rejected and you decide to try for a 3.5* do you still want to include the folowing zones:

MTE - some hotels can be a 15 minute walk to the subway

CPS - has the Hudson hotel which has notoriously small rooms

You may also want to consider addding:

MSG - centrally located and usually offers some good vale

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your next round of bidding (and not any links in any emails PRICELINE may send to you)

Good luck.

• 4 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]