Priceline Hotel: Looking for SF 4* from 4/24 - 4/30, 3 zones

trinhxh
By trinhxh,
in

I have been trying to use Better Bidding an attempt to buy a 4* hotel room from Sunday, April 24 thru Saturday, April 30.

I see others here booking a 4* through Priceline for around $100. I went up to 3 zones (USE, Financial District- Embarcardero, and SOMA) and from 4* down to 3.5*. I maxed out at $115 and have been unsuccessful. I also checked Hotwire and noticed some decent prices (~$160).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You can see all the hotels reported to the board in each zone and star rating in the Priceline Hotel List (but be sure to read the comments at the top of the hotel list, as there could be other hotels not yet reported to the board, as well, star ratings do change as hotels are upgraded/downgraded)

Have you bid $120 yet or have you only gone as high as $115?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, I would really prefer either 1) Embarcardero (Hyatt) or 2) SOMA area and was looking to spend no more than $120. I think the Hyatt is considered a 4* hotel. Can anyone suggest what the 3.5* hotels are in the Embarcardero area?

You have to be willing to accept any 4* hotel in these two zones. There is a possibility of winning Le Meridien or the Omni in the Embarcadero area, or maybe a new 4*.

Are you willing to split your bid and stay at two hotels? Your first two nights, 4/24-4/26, look cheaper than the rest. A few days ago another poster won 4/24-4/26 at the 4* Grand Hyatt in USE for $90.

For 4/24-4/26 Hotwire has a 4* in USE for $98.

For 4/24-4/30 Hotwire's 4* in USE jumps to $174.

If you win 4/24-4/26 for $90 you can bid up to $135 for the four remaining nights and still come in at $120/night average.

If you don't want to split you'll need to:

1) bid higher than $115

2) add USW zone, or

3) try for 3.5* in your preferred zones.

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]