Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) JW Marriott

dahl
By dahl,
in

Had a very hard time booking these dates as early June must be a busy month. I see forum members posting lower prices in May for the same hotel. I started bidding at $100 with no luck in either the French Quarter or the Warehouse Arts District. Went to $120 and finally to $150 9French Qtr only) on advise from Priceline.

I don't know if the fact that we took the cancellation insurance has any bearing on the pricing but we succeeded. I hope that the Marriott is 4 stars as advertised. Another successful win on the link.

As pointed out in my other post, I guess that the 3 festivals going on in NOL at that time heavily influence the pricing of lodging. One month we see wins at $70 and a few months farther out we get $150.00 at the same hotel.

In checking June (early summer) is generally a busy time for NOL vacations. As the summer progresses and the temperatures rise I am told that it slows down and rates drop in August (late summer). The only thing that concerns me about NOL and the J.W. Marriot hotel is that there have been incidents of bed bugs reported there but the Omni and many other upscale hotels there have reports as well. I hope that they have the problem under control.

As pointed out in my other post, I guess that the 3 festivals going on in NOL at that time heavily influence the pricing of lodging. One month we see wins at $70 and a few months farther out we get $150.00 at the same hotel.

In checking June (early summer) is generally a busy time for NOL vacations. As the summer progresses and the temperatures rise I am told that it slows down and rates drop in August (late summer). The only thing that concerns me about NOL and the J.W. Marriot hotel is that there have been incidents of bed bugs reported there but the Omni and many other upscale hotels there have reports as well. I hope that they have the problem under control.

Did you get the New Orleans Marriott, or the JW? Two separate hotels, both on Canal St, about 2 blocks apart.

My experience with reserving rooms is NOLA is that the price varies greatly depending on what events are going on at the time. I have attended the last 2 Mardis Gras. I stayed at the JW in 2010 and paid about $260 a night for a 5 night stay. This year I stayed right across the street at the Marriott and would have paid $320 a night if I hadn't used my Marriott Reward points for 5 free nights.

I have seen these same propertes go for 1/2 price or less booked directly through Marriott during non Mardi Gras/Jazz Fest times. It all about supply and depend.

Regardless if which property you won...you will be happy. Both offer superb customer service. The JW is quite a bit smaller and a bit nicer...the Marriott offers more amenities and is huge!

Did you get the New Orleans Marriott, or the JW? Two separate hotels, both on Canal St, about 2 blocks apart.

We got the J.W. Marriott on Canal Street. Actually the priceline savings was nil for the Wednesday and Thursday nights (as we could have booked direct for that price) BUT the rate went up to $249.00 per night for Friday and Saturday nights so there was a $200 savings. Hope this place is really a four star property and that they've taken steps to eliminate the bed bug problem that hit NOL last year.

Thanks for the follow-up / clarification regarding the property you received.

PRICELINE likely averaged the rate over the course of your stay... i suspect you could have had a lower bid accepted for the first two nites of those were the only nites you were bidding... it was the 3rd nite which brought up the minimum bid required to get accepted.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]