Have You Been Helped Here?

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

In just over two short years we have developed one of the best communities on the net and continue to grow each and every day. Over this timeframe this site has helped users save hundreds of thousands of dollars on their travel plans.

While we (fortunately and thankfully) continue to grow and become a better resource each and every day, we still only receive a handful of support from our users :) .

While 100% participation is not expected nor realistic (as some users are quite generous and only come here to share their information or to directly help others), we do believe that users who benefit from the information here and/or ask for help should support the site.

I have always maintained that this site should provide users with the best experience possible, and that includes no pop-ups, no pop-unders, and not littering the board with advertisements every which way you turn (instead we provide only one link to a SUPPORT PAGE). While the decision to focus more on the user's experience rather than the board's bottomline is, in our opinion the "right thing to do", it also has the negative effect of bringing the board's income to just a trickle.

While i know this post runs the risk of comparing us to other sites which only care about themselves, i hope that is not the impression users come away with (and those that have been around here for awhile can atest that this is not the case). However, we now have affiliate links and prefered providers for just about every major hotel chain and booking agency on the net, so this post stands as a friendly reminder to check the SUPPORT PAGE before making your purchases. If there is a company that you often deal with or plan an upcoming purchase with that is not on the support page, please let us know and give us the opportunity to become an affiliate.

We remain committed to being soft spoken when it comes to garnering support for this site, but there have been too many "oh, i didn't know you had links..." lately to sit idle and not say anything.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No sane person would every compare you to other site. They say in talk radio that less than 1% of the listeners ever call in, I hope the board readers are not the same when it comes to using links. It doesn't take any effort to add the links page to your favorites and use one of those sites when needed. If the lack of support continues I will no longer phone-in those pacific view upgrades for posters (lol).

ps get a link to delta.com

I'd love to help as I do use your site and your sponsors but I'm not sure what it takes to help.

Does your site only get "credit" if a person navigates to EasyClickTravel or Travelocity or whatever from your site?

Is there one place that lists all your sponsors? I don't know if it's just me, but when I click on your link below "SUPPORT PAGE" and then click on many of the links there, I get the "Page cannot be displayed" message.

Thanks and good luck!

Awright, you got me. My next buys (don't know when they will be exactly) will go through your site. I really appreciate this service, especially in comaprison to the other options, and would really NOT want to see it go away. I am grateful for not being personally hounded, and you've gotten your point across.

Just bought the Entertainment Book through the link for Orange County, CA. Originally $40, it's a steal at $9.99! Lots of great discounts for the Anaheim area, and it will pay for itself many times over. Now we'll be able to do lots more for much less this summer.

Thanks for all your hard work, thereuare. You can count on us to do whatever we can to help support you and BetterBidding.com!

We would prefer if users used our links for their purchases as i'm still not sure of my thoughts on the donation process, but this has been requested before and these links have been posted before (and not promoted), but here are they are again as i have received a few PM requests for them:

CLICK to Contribute via funds already in your PayPal account

CLICK to Contribute via credit card thru Pay Pal (will say XOCharts)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For those of you with Ebay Currency we have put a financial software program that we have written for sale on Ebay and you can purchase it using Anything Points.

I'm not a big Ebay buyer/seller so we don't have enough feedback to list multiple items, so we will re-list this item as we sell them and then update this link accordingly:

OUR EBAY AUCTION

Thank you.

Thanks for asking.

The idea behind the auction was to enable us to accept Anything Points for the board while also giving users something in return (for those who want it). We wrote the software and it's sent via email, so there is no cost for us to 'sell' it other than auction listing fees.

Of couse you could make a note not to send the software if you don't want it. However, please do leave positive feedback for us as it will enable us to eventually list mutliple copies for sale and we won't need to re-list it as often (there is a minimum number of 'positive feedback' required in order to list multiple units for sale).

Do you get credit just for clicks to those sites, or only for actual "purchases."?

Would that include reservations for a later stay/purchase?

i.e., for work, I've been traveling / making travel arrangements for myself quite a bit lately - if I use the BB link to go to marriott.com and make a confirmed reservation, later stay & pay, will that get you credit?

i still have some bookings to make for my summer trip to arizona and nevada and will use your support page to book hotels

thank you for a brilliant site - i know you have saved me hundreds of dollars and tempted me to try to bid for specific hotels - something i wouldn't have had a clue about - i used to bid and hope..... :)

• 2 weeks later...

ok right now we have some anything .....s to spend but they don't seem to last long, and we don't actually always receive them for winning bids. Your item has ended and if you relist we'll buy. Thanks for the site and all it means to those travelers on budget. Also thanks for allowing and encouraging lurkers to post their finds free of chastizement for not using

affiliate links; we know this policy helps bring in the info!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]