Priceline Hotel: 4* Orlando (SeaWorld-I-Drive -Convention Center) Peabody

trentslori
By trentslori,
in

Was interested in two zones...the I-Drive one and Universal. Aimed first for the Crowne Plaza Universal. Started at $45 and using free re-bid zones went up to $85 for a 4*. No go. Did a lot of investigating on prices and saw that they were sky-high probably due to the closeness of Easter and spring break.

Changed strategy to include the Seaworld/I-Drive location. From what I could determine the Rosen Shingle Resort was likely to be had as an "upgrade"...however no resort options were available in that zone. Hoping more for a 4-star than that resort, I decided to try for that zone, but included the Universal one again, in case the Crowne Plaza decided to change their minds. Hah! So I used the other traveler's name to start bidding again. This time starting with two zones at $50 and working my way up to $75.

I am very excited to have gotten the Peabody! Lowest price on the Peabody website for this time period was $150 per night. I did see the Peabody for as low as $120 per night on other websites. But certainly not as low as $75! I also see that they charge a resort fee and parking, as do many hotels in Orlando, so that is to be expected. Love Priceline, and love this website...thank you!

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $75.00

Subtotal: $225.00

Taxes & Fees: $39.57

Total Charges*: $264.57

The Peabody Orlando 4 Star

Sea World - Intl. Drive - Convention Center

9801 International Drive

Orlando, Florida 32819

407-352-4000

See Hotel Website

View Map and Directions Check-In Date:

Fri, Apr 15, 2011 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Mon, Apr 18, 2011 / 12:00 PM

Amenities: Remote control TV w/ premium channels Telephone w/ voicemail Radio Alarm Clock Iron and ironing board Hairdryer Business services 24 hour front desk Full Service Restaurant Room service Bellman Concierge Fitness center access

• 1 month later...
Congrats on your success. :)

Fantastic deal and glad you're pleased with the result!

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Want the Peabody specifically - any hints on how to make sure I do not get another hotel? BetterBidding lists Peabody @ 4 stars, but there are another few 4-star hotels in the I-Drive area..

Could get Peabody on Hotwire @ $130, but am sure I can do much better with Priceline.

Thank you!

Want the Peabody specifically - any hints on how to make sure I do not get another hotel? BetterBidding lists Peabody @ 4 stars, but there are another few 4-star hotels in the I-Drive area..

Could get Peabody on Hotwire @ $130, but am sure I can do much better with Priceline.

Thank you!

There is no way to ensure a specific property when bidding via PRICELINE.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Not sure of your exact travel dates but now-through middle or end of may is considered Disney (and other theme parks/orlando's) peak seasons so everywhere will be either slightly higher then normal or really expensive. For instance i was searching hotwire to get comparable rates and the peabody was showing over $200 a night for 2 nights around the first weekend of april. Looking at the hotwire list you cant really go wrong with any of the 4*s listed below. Just remember to figure in about $25 and up depending on what hotel you get for resort fees and parking. I like the peabody too but if I can get something comparable for half the price, ill try somewhere new. im guessing maybe you have other friends or family already booked there? if

Thank you!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]