TX Dallas Adolphus Hotel

bmw745ion19s
By bmw745ion19s,
in

• 3 years later...

I had stayed here in 2005 and was curious to see how it lived up to my memories. I was a little concerned about recent mixed reviews but not enough to panic when it was the winner for my Priceline bid. I called a few days before our weekend trip to confirm reservation and to submit my room preference request. Glad I called- the desk clerk, April, couldn't find my reservation. She asked me to email my Priceline confirmation and, after about an hour, April emailed me back to say the reservation was fine. I asked her to put down "high floor, away from elevators, city view" for room preference. As expected, getting into valet parking on Saturday afternoon was a bit of a delay but nothing out of the ordinary for a large downtown hotel. Yes, it does cost $28 a night but as long as you are expecting it, no big deal. Check in line was long- we there right at the start of 3PM check in- but the front desk clerks were pleasant and efficient so we moved along quickly. The clerk put us in 1513, two double beds, high floor, away from elevators, city view- yea!The room was not huge but plenty big and the beds were very comfortable. Yes, bathroom is a little dated but clean, nice vanity and a good rain shower head. In room double cup coffee maker and refrigerator, DVD player (although non-techie sister had to figure out the wires when it didn't work for home movies DVD), iron and blow dryer in nice walk in closet, plenty of plug ins for phone chargers. I see what folks mean about having to order ice from room service but I kind of like not having to hear an ice maker all night or people roaming the hallways in search of an ice machine/vending room. I thought the carpets and furniture were just fine. The public areas are some of the best in Dallas with so many historical and architectural details. We ate in two of the three restaurants, the Rodeo Bar and Grill and the Bistro. Both were quite good, reasonably priced with attentive service. We were pleased with the pleasant and professional valet and desk staff. Yes, valet service took about 15 minutes getting the car but, again, if you are expecting that, it was no big deal. For the price, location, pleasant and helpful staff, I would certainly recommend the Adolphus. I know the hotel has a planned renovation in 2014 and I am sure everyone, staff and guests alike, looks forward to upgrades, particularly technical ones. I plan to be back. Three minor points that we didn't even remember to mention when we saw housekeepers- only one washcloth the first day, only one water glass both days and no coffee cup replacements second day.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]