Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Hyatt Century Plaza

Gtwin
By Gtwin,
in

There is NO way to target a specific hotel when bidding via Priceline. Have you looked at Hotwire? With that it often is possible to make a well-educated guess as to which hotel one will get. Not 100%, but the odds are very much improved.

Romelle

If you see anything possible in Hotwire, take a close look at the amenities offered (including following though the "see all"). You may be able to match up with the list of reported Hotwire hotels. If you are unsure, report back here with the date, rate, and amenities and the experts will provide their best guess as to which hotel it is.

hoping you may be able to give some advice on how to get a 5* in West Hollywood or if possible to secure the Andaz.

Enter "Andaz Angeles" (without quotes) in the Quick Search box at the top of the page and you'll see Andaz hasn't been reported as a Priceline win in over a year. It's very unlikely that Andaz is the 4* hotel you'd win then.

L'ermitage is the only known 5* in Priceline's BH-WeHo zone and L'ermitage is in Beverly Hills, not WeHo.

Hello,

Thanks so much for your responses, I am very grateful. I have noticed that the Andaz doesn't appear to of have had many wins in a while, so really praying that we may get lucky with cotninuing to bid on the 5*.

I will definitely keep you posted on any progress and will check out HOTWIRE to try that angle to.

If you hear of anything please let me know.

Many thanks again for your help!

Best wishes :)

You can find the lists of HOTWIRE and PRICELINE hotels that have been reported to the board in the California Hotel Lists.

If you want a particular property, regular rate coupons that *may* work.

FESTIVE10 - $10 off each night at Expedia.

REVIEW5 - 5% off Orbitz

HOLIDAY10 - may work for 10% off at Hotels.com.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE, Expedia, Orbitz or Hotels.com links to start your purchases and searches and do let us know what you decide/if you have any questions.

If you haven't already booked something, Gtwin, what are your January travel dates?

Hey thanks for the post and sorry for the delay!....Our dates are 10th - 20th Jan!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, we would have loved the Andaz, or something else to the standard, possibly Sofitel? (but of course on a bit of a budget). Wishful thinking but hoping there may a way!

Flights are all booked so would love to get Hotels sorted as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Happy New Year to you all BTW! :)

...we would have loved the Andaz, or something else to the standard...

With the opaque providers you're giving up the ability to choose your hotel, as well as the style of the property you receive.

With HOTWIRE you may be able to take an educated guess beforehand to determine if it's the type of property you're seeking for this stay, but you could also guess incorrectly, so no guarantees.

Are you willing to accept any hotel in the zone(s) you select at the star rating you choose?

If so, please clarify which zone(s) you're willing to accept, your desired star rating and maximum budget... we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

we would have loved the Andaz, or something else to the standard, possibly Sofitel?

HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Sofitel but it's $223---way over your $115 limit.

If you want Sofitel bad enough it's the 4.5* in BH-WH zone with: Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Highspeed.

Hotwire also has a 4* in BH-WH at $170 and a 3.5* at $216.

Does the Palomar in Westwood interest you? Reviews are very good and Hotwire has it at $139. It's the 4* in Century City-Westwood zone with: Nonsmoking, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Highspeed.

If you like Palomar you may be able to get it for less than $139 by bidding for a 4* in Priceline's Brentwood-Westwood zone. (Priceline and Hotwire use different zone names in this part of town.) You could win Palomar (or a different 4* although Palomar is most likely) by bidding in the $100-$120 range on PRICELINE. Someone can give a bidding strategy if you're interested.

Did you want to stay in one hotel all ten nights and not move? Any interest in splitting your bid and trying out two hotels? I haven't checked but Sofitel might be less expensive for certain dates within your ten-day stay.

Hello Guys,

Ok so... We would ideally like to stay anywhere close to the west hollywood\Beverley hills area, we will be spending most of our time in the west hollywood area, and I will be arranging a hire car to drive (should be fun trying to organise that lol), so didn't want a hotel too far from there if possible! Also from the reviews we definitely would like to avoid any 'dangerous areas' like downtown just in case :)...so the main areas we would like are West Hollywood, Beverley Hills and Hollywood and avoid the other zones. I took all your advice and was able to make various bids (at to be fair unrealistic prices) to have a go at the 5*..... So a strategy for a nice 4* in the two zones, would be fantastic!!

In regards to staying in 2 different areas for the first half and second half we did actually consider that and would not also mind that option if it means we could get a better choice of hotels!!!

Apologies if any of the is confusing I am having to use my bb for next few days!!

So just to clarify would like:

- A 4* or above hotel

- In west hollywood, bev hills, hollywood area

- don't mind splitting the time at 2 hotels

Thanks again for all the help!

Tax in this area is ~14% which would make your maximum bid approx. $118/nite.

At the 4* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Beverly Hills-West Hollywood...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Hollywood...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Beverly Hills-West Hollywood and Hollywood...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118

I would try the above first for your complete stay, 1/10-1/20, then if rejected try the following date combinations:

1/11-1/20

1/10-1/19

1/12-1/20

1/10-1/18

1/13-1/20

1/10-1/17

1/14-1/20

1/10-1/16

1/15-1/20

1/10-1/15

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey Guys,

Have been making bids frequently (using your links and the US site) and just had this message come up and wanted your advice?

I have included the message below!! Should I keep trying?

Many thanks!! Nearly there!

Try Again Right Now

We searched hundreds of options to find your hotel room, however we can't accept your offer of $114 per room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number -----------------. If you are willing to raise your price by $30 to $144 per room, per night, you can try the same request again right now.

Normally you are required to change additional items (add zones, star level, or dates) in order to try your request again. However we are able to extend this one-time opportunity to you because of the zone, quality level and dates you requested.

Name Your Own Price

What you got was a counteroffer, Gtwin. It means that you're getting close to a win.

Don't accept the counter because Priceline almost always accepts less than that. The strike price is somewhere between $114 (what you've bid) and $144 (the counteroffer).

You next step depends on how many rebid zones you have left. How many do you have? When you got the $144 counter were you bidding in just BH-WH, just Hollywood, or both?

And is $118 still your limit? Will you go to $125 or $130 if necessary?

Hey,

I had used up all f my rebid zones.

Many thanks

Actually I should have asked before but would it have been a good idea to try and bid for a hire car as well cause this is where the rest of our budget is going to?

If not I guess we could bid up to $125

Many thanks

It sounds like you've started fresh...and so far $114 for 4* in BH/WH is your first and only bid in this round. If that's correct? If so you've got three rebid zones left, the same three as in your first round of bidding.

I suggest adding the rebid zones, one at a time, at $118, $120, and $125.

If Hollywood's still an acceptable zone add Hollywood now and bid $114 in BH-WH + Hollywood first. Then add the three rebids at the prices above. Good luck!

Actually I should have asked before but would it have been a good idea to try and bid for a hire car as well cause this is where the rest of our budget is going to?

I'd wait and see which hotel you win first, before making a decision about car rental.

If you get a bid accepted Priceline will offer you a rental car with your winning bid information. Don't accept that offer as you can usually get a better price on the rental by biddding it separately.

I'd wait and see which hotel you win first, before making a decision about car rental.

If you get a bid accepted Priceline will offer you a rental car with your winning bid information. Don't accept that offer as you can usually get a better price on the rental by biddding it separately.

Thanks for your help Colfax, still no luck at the mo! I went up to to 125 before running out of re bid zones, although, we have ruled out Hollywood as a area as most of the reviews for those that are on offer are not too good, so tying to stick with the BH-WH area.

Will try again tomorrow (f I cnt figure out another way to bid tonight), hopefully the will accept tomorrow as I think I read somewhere you have to book 48hrs in advanced!

Many thank as usual for all your help!!!!!!

I think I read somewhere you have to book 48hrs in advanced!

You can bid the day of stay. On Priceline US anyhow. Are you bidding on a UK version? I don't know if the rules are different.

You can wait 24 hours from your last rejected bid and go higher than $125. It's somewhere between $125 and $144.

OR you can bid again now if you're willing to split your bid and stay at two hotels. You don't have to wait 24 hours to bid a new set of dates. It's also possible you might win a lower rate than $125 for a shorter set of dates.

Since your trip is five days away now I'd focus on securing the first days, at least, so you'll know where you're going to start. You could bid to $125 for the first nine nights, then the first eight nights, etc. Or however you want to split it. You can keep bidding new sets of dates without waiting 24.

You can bid the day of stay. On Priceline US anyhow. Are you bidding on a UK version? I don't know if the rules are different.

You can wait 24 hours from your last rejected bid and go higher than $125. It's somewhere between $125 and $144.

OR you can bid again now if you're willing to split your bid and stay at two hotels. You don't have to wait 24 hours to bid a new set of dates. It's also possible you might win a lower rate than $125 for a shorter set of dates.

Since your trip is five days away now I'd focus on securing the first days, at least, so you'll know where you're going to start. You could bid to $125 for the first nine nights, then the first eight nights, etc. Or however you want to split it. You can keep bidding new sets of dates without waiting 24.

Hey Colfax,

I wanted to give you an update but it says I cant pm again until tomorrow this time, I just sent one to 'thereuare' not sure if he will update you?....

On Priceline Hyatt's in the Beverly Hills-West Hollywood zone. On Hotwire Hyatt's in Century City-Westwood zone. In my opinion any hotel you win in PL's BH-WH zone or Hotwire's CC-WW zone would be considered in a safe area.

But for 1/10-1/20 I don't see Hyatt offered on Hotwire now. There's a 4* in CC-WW for $152 that appears to be the Intercontinental:

Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Internet, Golf, Tennis.

Note the rate has gone up from $139 since we started the conversation. (And when it was $139 it was the Palomar, not Intercontinental.)

Priceline usually beats Hotwire on price so you should be able to get a 4* in Priceline's BH-WH zone for less than $152. Your 24 lockout is over from your previous round of bidding. Have you tried bidding higher than $125 for all ten nights yet?

Since your trip is now three days away you're approaching "crunch time".

What I would do---and I know not everyone agrees with this philosophy--is try to secure just your first three or four nights now. When you get to LA you can drive around, look at some of the hotels and neighborhoods, and decide then where you want to stay for the remainder of the trip. You can bid from your laptop or if you don't have one there will be a business center with computer in any hotel you win. It seems you have particular desires for the type of hotel you want and being unfamiliar with LA the best way to judge will be by looking at the hotels yourself. It sounds like you're on a leisure trip, not business, and that you'll have some free time and a car to do this. What do you think?

For your first four nights, 1/10-1/14, Hotwire has the 4* in CC-WW, prob Intercontinental, for $152.

Or bid your first four nights in Priceline's BH-WH, from $100 to $135. I think that will be enough.

Or if you're over budget now (you said your limit was $118, then $125) bid up to $125 for a 3.5* in BH-WH. Someone can give strategy if you want.

My key point is: Get your first several days booked somewhere now. You can deal with the rest once you get there. It will be an adventure.

Please use the board's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purchases.

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for all your help, we manged to get a bid accepted for $130 dollars from the 10-15th and also for another hotel from the 16th-20th, although, we are one day short (15th) I am sure we can try bidding or have a look round when we get there, liek you advised I pray it goes well!!

Will let you know the details when we get back and how it was like!!

Have a great weekend :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]