Priceline Hotel: 5* Park 79

RobinW.
By RobinW.,
in

I've booked the Park 79, single/shared bath, for $129 plus tax for a theater trip on Oct. 19-21. A friend suggested that I try Priceline just to see if I could get a room with a private bath for basically the same price. (I've never used Priceline before.) My original plan was to try for a 2.5 level hotel in these zones: MTW, Times Square, and UWS. From my reading here, the 2.5's would be either The Belvedere, Best Western President, or the Excelsior. When I asked a hotel guru at Tripadvisor about this strategy, she said NOT to bid below a 4 because of potential bedbug problems. I'm realistic enough to know that there's no way I can win a 4 with my budget for those expensive October dates. Should I just stick with my Park 79 reservation and save Priceline for another trip?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Bidding at 2.5* (and especially below) is not recommended (quality problems and other issues). There are a few decent properties at these levels, but certainly some that are not and there is no way to choose when using PRICELINE. $129 for a 2.5* is probably going to be unlikely for these dates (if possible, it would likely be close to the max), but it wouldn't hurt to try: are you only looking for UWS/TS/MTW? Additionally, there could definitely be other hotels possible besides those "known"/reported to the board.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for your reply, Aaron.

Using the Priceline Hotels List, I chose 2.5 at UWS, Times Square, and MTW because I could identify the hotels, and based on reviews and past stays, I would be fine staying at any of them for a theater trip. I also thought those would be the most likely to fit my budget. The person at Tripadvisor did advise bidding for no lower than a 4*, but there's no way I could win at that level for my October dates.

I'm open for any guidance... :-)

Keep in mind the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List regarding the lists should never be considered complete since it only contains hotels reported to the board and that new hotels are added, and other hotels upgraded/downgraded, frequently.

Up until what point is your Park 79 reservation cancellable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 years later...

Thanx for the follow-up and closing this thread. Please remember to always follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

It would be more helpful to others if you included what you did for this stay, perhaps it will give another user an idea for when they're having trouble with their own stays

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

• 6 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]