Hotwire Hotel: Bid Help Please :: Indianapolis (Downtown)

Dani_n_Jay
By Dani_n_Jay,
in

My husband and I are going to be passing through Indianapolis, on our way to Ohio and will be staying 1-night, next Tuesday.

I obviously want to spend the least amount possible so I thought I'd try PRICELINE (and HOTWIRE). What I like about Priceline is I can name my price whereas with Hotwire, they offer a price for a star category, but then add in $15-20 in fees.

I'm trying to figure out the PRICELINE thing and what I'm wondering is this...

Is there any way to avoid a certain hotel? I'm looking to book a 4* hotel but really would like to avoid the University Place Hotel solely based on its location.

How would I go about bidding? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

My husband and I are going to be passing through Indianapolis, on our way to Ohio and will be staying 1-night, next Tuesday.

I obviously want to spend the least amount possible so I thought I'd try HOTWIRE (and PRICELINE). What I like about Hotwire is that it can somewhat be determined which hotel it is...

I'm looking at 3-3.5* hotels in Downtown Indy (ideally). Am I more than likely correct in identifying which hotels these are?

4* -- Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Recommended in 80% of customer reviews, $73 + $17.24 for tax recovery charges & fees

University Place Hotel??

3.5* -- Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access, Recommended in 85% of customer reviews, $69 + $16.83 for tax recovery charges & fees

Sheraton City Center??

Thanks much for your help!!

Also, there is a 2.5* listed for Indianapolis (Downtown) but it's not in the hotel list? Any idea what hotel it would be?

Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, $53 + $14.16 for Tax recovery charges & fees

I'd be curious if it's the Country Inn & Suites...

Thanks again!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE. You need to be willing to stay at any 4* or higher in the zone you're bidding at.

Do you want to go with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

HOTWIRE is slightly-to-moderately more expensive (depending), but one can venture a guess (in many cases, sometimes no) as to what the hotel could be. PRICELINE is more luck: if you bid on a 4* in an area, for example, you could get any participating 4* in the area - there's no way to ensure a particular property. Unfortunately, the 2.5* property has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 6 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]