Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Buckhead Area) W Hotel Atlanta Buckhead

DomerJen
By DomerJen,
in

I'm looking for one night at a 3* or 4* nearish the MARTA line - buckhead/midtown/downtown/perimeter would all suffice. Would like to keep it under $60 or so. I read the intro thread on rebidding, but I admit that I'm still confused. Can someone help me w/ the "safe" rebid zones in Atlanta?

Also, are any of these areas better in terms of quality of hotel? The reviews on the 4* at Perimeter on PL were not very good...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What are the date(s) of your stay?

In terms of re-bidding, let's try to break it down for you a bit and see if we can help you get up to speed...

Start with the following...

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter Atlanta and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest tar rating offered n the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, that was very helpful!

I'm staying one night, 9/4/10.

Here's what I found:

<sorry, no hperlinked screenshots please>

I started out with 4* for Buckhead (my preferred location) and added lesser areas until I got to my max bid of $65. Then I added Midtown and added more till I got up to 65 again, then I went to 3.5* and added more till I maxed out at $65 again. At this point I guess I'll have to wait another 24 hours to try again, as I selected a lot of areas w/ 3* hotels so I can't go down another star level. I didn't add perimeter b/c some of the 4* hotels had really bad ratings on hotwire and priceline.

Any advice on my strategy?

I used your PRICELINE link to make my bids.

Thanks!

Please don't post hyperlinked images to the board... eventually you (or whoever owns the server) will change the domain, begin to charge for hosting, clean up old images, etc, etc which will ultimately lead to a broken link on the board. If you copy/paste your spreadsheet data to your next post i'll edit your post above to reflect the information you posted.

In terms of your bidding... i understand what you have bid already, but i'm not sure i follow your preferred zones. If you were to rank your zone preferences and star levels, what would they be?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the follow-up.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the details of your purchase so we can edit the topic title accordingly and have this thread appear in the Priceline Maps and Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, and dates of your stay... you can still view all of this information by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as it helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as is a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help wtih your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]