Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft Lauderdale (Downtown) Riverside Hotel

joby
By joby,
in

Hi,

I've gotten hotels on Hotwire many times w/ the help of this board. I "think" I want to branch out and try Priceline. Our flights aren't set yet but, will be shortly and I wanted to do a little research on Priceline bidding before I tried it. I'm kind of chicken, I guess :)

We're going on a cruise and flying into and out of Ft. Lauderdale (FLL). Arriving to FLL on January 12 or 13, 2011 depending on flights and hotel costs.

This is what we're looking for:

-1 or 2 nights (to be decided when we have our flights) precruise hotel

-1 bed needed

-a great bargin

-under $100/night and hopefully lots under!

-ideally either free shuttle to/from airport and cruiseport OR inexpensive taxi ride

-well located to eateries and things to do (like the water taxi) as we won't have a car rental

From a little research I've done on the area, it appears that the 3 areas that would be the best fit for our plans would be:

Ft. Lauderdale downtown/Las Olas

Ft. Lauderdale beach

Ft. Lauderdale airport

Horwire hotels seem to be in the over $100 range so, thought I would give Priceline a first try and see if I could get a super deal :)

Would anyone be willing to help me get strted on a bidding strategy for PRICELINE?

Please confirm your plans so we can research current rates for the actual dates you need... things can change between now and the time you're ready to book/commit to a purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The minimum star rating would probably 3*. That should give us a good hotel and keep out the unfavorably reviewed hotels too.

I've read the rebidding posts, how-to posts, etc. but, I still am nervous about all of this :) Could anyone help a Priceline newbie with easy to follow directions/strategy and advice?

joby

well located to eateries and things to do (like the water taxi) as we won't have a car rental

I know the Fort Lauderdale area very well. You should look up the 3* Ocean Sky Resort in the beach zone before you start bidding since you dont have a car (location/quality).

And the airport area is nothing i recommend if you want to be close to restaurants and shops. PRICELINE got some "isolated" hotels in this zone.

Good luck!

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thanks yellowdog. I looked it up and the cost was $159/night + tax. That's really more than we want to spend. Thanks for the opinion on the airport area. I guess we were just thinking about a shuttle.

Actually, we'll need transportation from FLL to the hotel, hotel to cruise port anf cruise port to FLL. The rest we hope to be able to use the water taxi or just walk :)

I see such good deals on PRICELINE and hope to get lots of coaching on how to get a great deal. Do you have any other suggestions?

So why not start by bidding for just the Downtown zone up to your limit? If this is a good gameplan, do you want to try for a 3.5* up to your limit before trying for a 3* OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 3* in Ft Lauderdale you have ONE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

With plenty of time on your side, i would bid as follows:

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

If the above is rejected (very likely) wait 24 hours and increase your bids to $65 and $70. Provide to increase each bid by $10 (so next would be $75 and $80) for the next 4 days to reach your $100 maximum.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for the help. My latest bid was accepted.

Date: January 12-14, 2011

Number of nights: 2 (pre-cruise)

Hotel: Riverside Hotel

Rating: 3 star

Area: Ft Lauderdale Downtown

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $75

Taxes & Service Fees: $26.48

Total = $176.48

Thanks for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]