Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown) Westin Bonaventure

Maker99
By Maker99,
in

I started with $95.

Added rebid zone at $105.

Added another rebid zone at $115.

Added another rebid zone at $122.

Then added Brentwood-Westwood area at $125 (I know that probably wasn't the smartest way to do it in case I could have grabbed a hotel in this area at one of the lower bids)

All rejected.

Any advice? Should I add downtown or Hollywood? These zones worth staying in?

What is the purpose of this trip... would the Beverly Hills-West Hollywood zone work best for your plans are would the other zones be just as convenient? Would a 4* hotel in a nearby zone OR lowering your star quality to a 3.5* in the BH-WH zone be better for your needs? Is $122 your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My wife and I are taking a trip of the California Coast. We are flying into LA and spending three nights there, then going to Monterey for a night (got the Portola from Hotwire for this), then San Francisco for three nights (haven't had any luck with this yet, may have to post for this portion as well). No particular plans in Beverly Hills. I really want an area that is walking distance from restaurants, shops, nightlife, was told this was a good area. I see on HOTWIRE that there are some cheaper hotels (around the $140s) in other areas which I suppose I may have to navigate. Highest I would like to go with tax is about $150 per night. I haven't really investigated any of the 3.5 stars.

How much do you feel you need/want a 4* hotel vs. a 3.5*? HOTWIRE has a 3.5* in the Beverly Hills zone for $139, it has not yet been reported to the board although it might be The Orlando downgraded to the 3.5* since it was last reported to the board, but this HOTWIRE offering does have a good 4.0/5.0 Tripadvisor rating so adds a bit of confidence in regards to the quality of the hotel.

You could try PRICELINE for a lower price for a 3.5*, but then won't have a guess as to what it may be (or the confidence of a 'good' TA rating such as the one above)

I'll leave it to somebody on the board more local to the area to compare this zone to the Hollywood zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4*, $149, 8/19/10 to 8/22/10, Century City-Westwood, 95% recommended.

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

4*, $148, 8/19/10 to 8/22/10, Downtown, 85% recommended.

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Thanks in Advance.

I gave up on exclusively searching Beverly Hills. I expanded to Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Downtown and Hollywood and started with $75. I then added a rebid zone and bid $85. rebid zone, $95. rebid zone, $105. PRICELINE bit and got the Westin Bonaventure...mixed reviews but I am happy as standard rates are much higher. We will have a car so getting around town shouldn't be an issue. We'll see how expensive parking is.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]