Priceline Reservations and Credit Card Question

OliverB
By OliverB,
in

Will I need to present the same exact credit card used for bidding/purchase to the hotel upon check-in?

Will the name on the credit card have to match that of the names on the reservations?

I ask because I would like to use my fiancee's AmEx (mainly for tax purposes, plus she gets points and travel rewards etc.) but she will not be travelling with me.

Is it possible to make the reservations on her card via Priceline but under my name, then check-in without the actual card used for booking? It would just be for billing the actual room costs through Priceline.

Does this seem like it could cause problems upon check-in? The last thing I would want is to show up and not have my paid reservations honored!

It's no problem whose credit card is used to make the purchase... just make sure you put the person who will be there at check-in when submitting the guest's name for each room.

During the check-out process there are few forms to complete:

Room1 (2, 3, etc) - enter the guest's name... this is the person who will be checking in

Credit Card Info - enter the details of the person whose credit card it is

You actual pay PRICELINE and PRICELINE in turn pays the hotel (using their own PRICELINE credit card)... so the hotel doesn't have your credit card details used for the purchase anyway.

However, do keep in mind that you'll need a credit card to check-in to cover any incidentals, charges to the room, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
It's no problem whose credit card is used to make the purchase... just make sure you put the person who will be there at check-in when submitting the guest's name for each room.

This is an important aspect of bidding on a Priceline room. I've traveled with my father and used my name to reserve the room and his credit card to pay. Not a problem when I show up (you usually need additional photo ID to show you're the person who reserved the room). When I couldn't make a trip and my dad went anyway, he had a terrible hassle to get into the room as it was reserved under my name (even though he had his credit card showing he had paid). Luckily, the hotel clerk took pity and let him stay (and had many rooms available, I suppose) but it's not worth the risk to show up if you're not the name on the reservation!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]