Hotwire Hotel: San Diego 4* Help Please

EGUSC
By EGUSC,
in

Does anyone know what Hotel is the 4* San Diego Mission Bay - Sea World $83 on Hotwire for 6/4/03 - 6/5/03.

Amenities listed:

Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center, Tennis, Laundry

If i can figure it out, I may just choose the 3.5* which I think is the Catamaran.

Also, since i am posting, i am curious about:

San Deigo 4* La Jolla - Pacific Beach

Amenities:

Oceanfront(No beach access), Pool, Breakfast, Inernet, Business Center, Laundry

I just added a few hotels to the San Diego list (from the Vacation Package). I didn't see anything that seemed to match up with the descriptions you supplied, but you may want to double check the list (i assume it is at this list that you were able to identify the amenities/rating associated with the Catamaran, but if not, that hotel is listed there). Hotwire Hotel List California

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If i can figure it out, I may just choose the 3.5* which I think is the Catamaran.

Shouldn't the Catamaran also show "Beachfront" as an amenity, though? The 3.5* listing that I see does not have the beachfront icon, but I think the Catamaran has its own beach area, doesn't it?

Also, Bahia Resort Hotel is beachfront, I believe. Do you think it could be the 4* or does that seem too high a rating for it?

I just was able to pull up the Catamaran via the vacation package and it is listed as a 3.5* and does not show beachfront. It's possible that there is a mistake someplace, and i have seen one instance thus far where the hotel or vacation product had one less amenity than the other, but not sure if this was just input error on the Hotwire's programmer end.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I used the package search, which shows the hotel name.

Bahia is listed as 3* with Beach access

Catamaran is listed as 3.5* without any beach or ocean amenity listed.

My wife has stayed at the Catamaran and the property is on the Bay with a beach and is a very short walk to the ocean. Can't figure the lack of any beach reference on the amenities. Its also a nice place for a family.

Thanks for the help

thereuare, I think you are right and I am wrong. I just don't remember clearly enough what that area is like. I phoned the Catamaran (couldn't stand not knowing!!!) and they say the waterfront or beach area is just across the street. I don't know how Hotwire categorizes beachfront but I don't suppose they would include something on the other side of the street.

EGUSC, I am not being much help at all, am I? Sorry! :)

thereuare, I think you are right and I am wrong.

I don't like the way that sounds... it makes it seem as if we disagreed on something and clunked heads :)

You tried to supply more info (which is encouraged since many here are 'local' to some area) and i simply clarified my comments based upon what i saw via Hotwire. Not really an issue of one of us being right or wrong.

Interesting discusion though about what, according to Hotwire, qualifies as "beach access". I too looked further at the Catamaran's website and it describes the beach as 100 yards away. Don't know if perhaps the necessity of crossing the street negates the 'beach access' rating (ie- i could see a family complaining that they chose the hotel based upon beach access, and their kids weren't able to go on their own since it required the crossing of a street).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]