Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Diego Downtown-Harbor Island Holiday Inn

katwkittens
By katwkittens,
in

Was listed as a 2.5* but when I checked Expedia and Orbitz and AAA all had it as a 3*. Was listed with them for $109 per night and at the Holiday Inn website, $107.07. It is the Holiday Inn San Diego- Harbor View at 1617 First Avenue, San Diego, CA (619) 239-9600. Price was $37 per night, tax $18.95 for a total of $129.95.

Amenities:

Restaurant, pool(s), fitness center, laundry facilities

Booked this on 6/2/03, Monday.

At first we were going to book a 3* in Del Mar for $55 per night for 2 nights but when I added another night (what the heck!) the 2.5* appeared, when it wasn't originally there......so for $1 (Del Mar hotel total $128.95) more we added another night and are staying closer to where we originally wanted to...the Zoo, beaches, harbor, Sea World for an additional night for $1!!!

Yeah, sometimes Hotwire can be wacky at times.... but i'm sure they have some reason for it (like maybe special contract with some suppliers to 'reduce' the number of competitive hotels for certain stays).

I'm glad this worked out well for you, it's always nice to hear success stories.

Enjoy your stays and your vacation, and thanks again for the thoroughness of your posts! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]