Priceline Hotel: Need help with Huntsville/Muskoka region Resort

TigerLilly
By TigerLilly,
in

This is my second time using Priceline. The first time was a trip to Montreal and I used this forum to help and it was very successful! Of course, I used the PRICELINE link :)

This time I'm thinking of going to the Muskoka region in Ontario and would like to stay at the JW Marriott Rousseau, Delta Grand Resort or Deerhurst resort (in that order) but I'm unsure of what conditions to put in when bidding. I do not want to stay at Hidden Valley Resort though I know I don't really have a choice on the matter. I understand the Bidding Again procedure but am unsure what to do. The above hotels/resorts are under "resorts" and "3 star" but other hotels are also under 3 start. I'm thinking that I only click "Resorts" and click "Huntsville" and if it's not successful I continue to add on the other areas after that - Bracebridge, Gravenhurst, Muskoka Lake.

Could someone confirm this for me or tell me if there's another way for me to do this? Or have any ideas on what to do?

Thank you very much and I will let you know what happens when/if I start bidding.

Welcome to back!

With PRICELINE you won't be able to bid on a specific hotel.. you can only select the star rating and zone within the region. Are you willing to accept any hotel in the star rating (or higher) in the zone(s) that you choose?

What are the dates of this stay? What is your budget per nite before taxes and fees for this trip? Are you wiling to pay more for a Resort class property vs. a 3.5* OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay.

If you're not able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating you bid, you can also try searching HOTWIRE which you can then use the amenities shown to be associated with the hotels offered to try to determine what you may get... thereby trying to target the hotels you want and avoid those you don't.

Let us know your thoughts on the board and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For dates I'm looking at July 2 - 4. I am looking for a hotel/resort that had activities like canoeing and kayaking and such. From what I gathered from the listings on PRICELINE this includes resort hotels and selected 3-star hotels. I didn't see any 3.5 ratings. I'm willing to pay more for having those amenities, over $100.

From what I gathered, Deerhurst Resort seems to be the only one listed in "resorts" for the muskoka region but there are hotels/resorts that do and do not have outdoor activities in 3-star hotels. My current assessment of the situation is I could play it safe and click resorts and then add a new region every time if I need to increase my bid. Since Deerhurst is the only resort I know that my result is always going to be Deerhurst. Otherwise I'd have to gamble a bit and also put in 3-star and hope I get a hotel/resort that has those outdoor activities but they might not have them.

What do you think?

Since Deerhurst is the only resort I know that my result is always going to be Deerhurst.

Do you know the area very well and therefore now that this is the only Resort rated property in the zone? If you're using the Priceline Hotel List to make this determination you shouldn't... the lists only contains hotels reported to the board and there could always be others (as indicated by the comments at the top of the hotel list)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]