Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Civic Center) Holiday Inn Civic Center

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

$40 for 2.5* (aiming for Hotel Whitcomb) rejected. $41 upgraded to 3* HI-CC.

This was my second time at the HI-CC since they renovated last year, both on Priceline, and I've had two good stays. HI-CC used to be a dump and it's really improved. Too bad the outside looks the same. You can't tell the hotel's been renovated unless you go inside.

All rooms have a sliding glass door with a functional balcony, which is unusual in downtown SF. Most hotels originally built with balconies have bolted the sliding glass doors shut. It's nice to have fresh air! The views from many balconies are obstructed by other buildings, but both visits they've given me a room with a premium unobstructed view. They also asked if I wanted one king or two doubles.

I know there are some less desireable rooms here---connecting rooms with blocked views. So far I've been lucky. If I ever get a bad room here I'll probably offer to pay for an upgrade.

Parking is up to $35/night, $39.90 with tax. My room only cost $1.10 more than my parking spot! I usually park at the surface lot next door for $20 but for some reason that lot wasn't allowing overnight parking when I showed up.

Holiday Inn has a 3.0 TripAdvisor rating. It's saddled with years of bad reviews from pre-renovation days that will take awhile to overcome.

For the average tourist or first-time visitor 8th and Market isn't a preferred location. Stay more downtown if you can. But if your business is in Civic Center, or your budget isn't up to Union Square, the Holiday Inn Civic Center is no longer a hotel to be feared.

Bids placed through the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]