Priceline Hotel: 2* Beloit Ramada Inn South Beloit

acornlia
By acornlia,
in

I used PRICELINE for the first time. My bid was accepted by a Ramada Inn. I had requested a 2 star. When I mentioned it to someone where I am visiting, I was told that "nobody stays here. Even the police are afraid to go there." I researched and found police reports and news articles that mentioned gang activity, brawls in the parking lot, armed robbery of the hotel, etc... I called Priceline and spoke at length to 2 people and was told that there are no refunds or cancellations. I don't want a refund-I just want a different hotel in this town, even if I have to pay a little more. Do I have any options?

thank you for your update, I would try to make copies of the police reports and any news articles regarding this hotel and forward these to Priceline's customer care. I'm not sure if they will accept an email with attached files, you may need to fax these over, this will create a paper trail. You should ask for a refund and cite your concerns about safety. You may also want to mention that you are willing to submit a new bid for a higher star rated property in the area.

Good luck, let us know of the result.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]